Intended for Connecticut clinicians and clinicians-in-training who are interested in learning about the specific mental and physical health needs of refugees. In this conference, the Jewish Federation of Greater New Haven will be represented by JCARR's Kate Ezra, who will be speaking about our work helping refugees get jobs.
Physical and Mental Health of Refugees: Supporting Families
Thursday, March 28, 2019
This event is co-sponsored by the YSM Department of Internal Medicine; YSM Office of Global Health (Department of Internal Medicine); the YSM Office of International Medical Student Education; and the Yale Macmillan Center.
Please note our new location this year
Jane Ellen Hope Building
Hope 110 Lecture Hall
315 Cedar Street
New Haven, CT 06520
Registration before March 15, 2019, is encouraged. To register, click here.
Conference Organizers: Dr. Ani Annamalai, Dr. Camille Brown, Dr. Maya Prabhu, Dr. Tracy Rabin
Upon completion of this program, participants should be able to:
- Describe care coordination services available in Connecticut for refugee children with complex medical and behavioral health conditions
- Discuss the role of legal aid for immigrants and refugees
- Describe the spectrum of social service programs available for refugees in Connecticut
- Recognize and discuss the role of support groups and grassroots organizations in assisting with refugee resettlement and integration
Speakers will include:
- Jake Halpern, Journalist & Pulitzer Prize-winning author of “Welcome to the New World”
- Tracy Lynch, MSN, RN, Family Centered Services of CT
- Ellen Messali, JD, New Haven Legal Assistance Association, Inc.
- Homa Naficy, MLS, Hartford Public Library
- Kristin Harris, Integrated Refugee & Immigrant Services
- Christina Castellani, MA, Connecticut Institute for Refugees and Immigrants
- Martine Dherte, Connecticut Institute for Refugees and Immigrants
- Tanya Kimball Genn, Integrated Refugee & Immigrant Services
- Kate Ezra, Jewish Community Alliance for Refugee Resettlement
- Fereshteh Ganjavi, Elena’s Light