Please join us at JFS, 1440 Whalley Avenue, New Haven, on Monday, August 28th at 10:30 am for a chance to get involved with a vital JFS Mitzvah project. Please help us as we prepare the mailing for our Friends Campaign, our largest fundraising project of the year, while having a cup of coffee, a bite to eat and learning more about other upcoming opportunities to donate your time to JFS's valuable programs and services.
Volunteer opportunities include:
• Food pantry special projects
• Assisting at Shalom Group events for Jewish adults with developmental disabilities
• Packing bags for the Food4Kids program on Monday mornings and delivering them on Thursday mornings to local schools.
• Clerical/office help.
• Friendly visits to the elderly or otherwise home-bound individuals.
• Mitzvah projects/community service projects.
• Assembling "Blessing Bags", which consist of essential items for the homeless.
Keep an eye out for upcoming family focused "I Want to do a Mitzvah" activities as well.
If you would like more information about volunteer opportunities at JFS, please contact Mara Ginsberg at firstname.lastname@example.org.